Akron General EHP - Employee Assistance Program
Throughout our lives, we may experience events or situations that can be extremely challenging. When we need solutions, information or guidance for issues such as marital problems, child care, elder care, and personal finance matters, and even addiction and recovery, the Employee Assistance Program, offers expert, confidential and free support.
For consultation and support, or to schedule an appointment please contact 1-800-989-8820. In case of emergency, please call 216-444-4000 and page 23411 Caring for Caregivers.
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential service that provides professional assistance to employees and their family members. Through assessment and problem resolution. EAPs help individuals manage personal problems that may affect their quality of life, which oftentimes manifests as work performance problems or other disruptions in the workplace. Some of the services provided are:
- Management Consultation & Development
- Same Day Crisis Intervention
- Legal & Financial Referrals
- Onsite Presence & Services
- Case Management
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
- Childcare & Eldercare Referrals
- Community Resources / Referrals
- Drug Free Safety Program (DFSP) / Drug Free Workplace Training
- Corporate Massage Therapy
- Wellness Seminars
- National Association of Providers
- Assistance and Assessments for Mandatory referrals including fitness for duty recommendations
Services are confidential. All records are kept separate from medical and employment records. However, if a referral is made for services outside the program, the caregiver will be responsible for any charges not covered by the health insurance plan.